Strangest Beauty Tips
So I like to do things a little differently here. I thought instead of just writing a list of beauty tips I’d do some research into some of the strangest beauty tips people claim to work.
I have tried a few of these myself and the rest I’d definitely be up for giving a go! So here’s my list:
- With Mayo Please!
My first tip is Mayonnaise for your hair! Usually an addition to a salad or a sandwich this creamy devil is the new answer to shiny hair! This one I have tried! After months of bleaching my hair I ended up resembling a scarecrow…my hair was literally like straw. I was desperate, willing to try anything, so I went into the fridge and brought out the Mayo!! The oils and fats from the mayonnaise nourishes your hair and is amazing for a deep conditioning treatment for very dry hair, it also leaves your hair looking amazingly shiny! Here’s how to do it:
- Apply 1-3 tablespoons (use more for longer hair) of mayo to your hair
- Use a comb (or fingers!) to spread the mayo through your hair
- Cover your hair with a cap or a bag. This seals in heat and helps the mayo work, you can also give it a quick blast with the hair dryer!
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse of in the shower and give your hair a quick shampoo to remove any sneaky mayo you didn’t get out!
- Not Just For Eats!
Yes that’s right…potatoes are no longer just something to go along with your Sunday roast. They actually have a number of benefits for the skin and the hair! Here’s a few:
- They help with dry skin – Make a potato face mask by grating a spud and adding half a tea spoon of curd then applying to your face for 20 minutes.
- They treat rashes/sunburn/itchiness and bites – Place a slice of raw potato on the affected area for a few minutes to relieve the itchiness.
- Get rid of crows feet by grating a potato and mixing with olive oil then applying around the eye area.
Not One For Vampires!
It might leave you smelling a bit funny but Garlic has been said to help nail growth. Apply a garlic paste to your nails once or twice a week, leave the juices to soak in then wash off with a nice scented soap! You can also add Garlic to your nail polish, let it sit for a few days then paint your nails as normal!
As Soft As A Baby’s Bottom!
Nappy rash cream is no longer just for babies! This stuff is amazing as a moisturiser and its kind to the purse strings! Try using Sudocrem as a face mask and leave on for 10 minutes. It’s also been said to be a great make-up primer, try it before make-up for a mattified look!